Wednesday, February 16, 2005

my day off

Today I had a day off of work. Not that my work is particularly difficult, but I'm not one to complain. As I didn't get home from work yesterday until 12:30am, I decided to sleep in until about 10:30. I was awaked by my cats wrestling on the bed around 9:00 and decided to get up then instead. I made some coffee and put in my usual internet time. About 11:00 I decided that my life was going nowhere quickly. I decided that maybe doing the dishes will give my exsistence some meaning, or at the very least, a purpose. The Al Franken show ends at 12:00 and next comes Randy Rhodes. But she looks and sounds of a $10 whore from Jersey (long story) and so I decided to put on a DVD while working in the kitchen. I choose "At Close Range" with Christopher Walken and Sean Penn. For those who haven't seen it, rent it, because it is a delight (read that in a James Lipton voice). Everything from Madonna's soundtrack to Mary Stewart Masterson's rising star, "At Close Range" will leave you in awe. After finishing the dishes and practicing my Christopher Walken impression for about an hour, I decided to venture into the living room. Here I read the New Yorker for a while, intermingled with long bouts of staring at the wall and pondering questions like, "at what point does Michael Jackson cease being the 'king of pop?'" Next, I choose spaghetti and salad as the meal for the night and made myself a drink. I can't remember much after that, but will keep readers updated if anything exciting does occur. Which it probably won't, so don't hold your breath.

2 Comments:

Blogger Housman said...

You would be surprised how interesting it is to read about your day. Keep it up.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Dow said...

You make me wish I was you... kinda

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home