Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Key is Communication

My job often means working nights. If a couple nightshifts are strung together the communication between my wife and I tends to happen via email. Recently, my wife sent me an email detailing new traffic laws and fines. Here is an example how my marriage works:

New driving fines for the State of Washington. These fines went into
effect on July 1st. Something to read and remember

1) HOV Lane - 1st time offense $1,068.50 (note: the sign posted on the HOV
lanes that says $271 is now wrong and DOT is in the process of changing
them) second offense fine is doubled, third it is tripled and fourth
your license is suspended for a year! (they are not playing around!)

2) Incorrect Lane Change - $380.00 (not using turn signal or "cutting"
someone, crossing the white lines while merging)

3) Block Intersection - $485.00

4) Driving on Shoulder - $450.00

5) Cell Phone Usage While Driving - $285.00 (cell phone usage must now be
done with "hands free" device.) Law Enforcement has been told to really
start cracking down on this, as the accident rate is increasing due to
cell phone use. I hate it when people do this…..just saw an accident happen yesterday from this!!

6) Cell Phone Usage in a Construction Zone - $570.00 (this fine is doubled
from the regular $285.00)

7) Passengers over the age of 18 not in a seat belt - Both the passenger
AND driver with get tickets for $101.00

8) DUI - Instant ARREST! (the courts are now placing DUI's on your driving
record for a period of 10 years!)

9) Last but not least. You know that there was a thought that you could go
at least 5 MPH over the posted speed limit, well according to the WSP you
are now allowed just 3 MPH over! So, watch your speed my friends.

Bill Replies: Well, that's it. All fun has officially disappeared from my life. To
counter this, I will now make it a point to personally break as many of
these "laws" at once.  I will see you on the evening news.


Ginger Replies: Aggh, that's not really what I wanted to hear. I just wanted you to get
a hands free device and to use your blinker..... 

Bill Replies: Oh.


Ginger Replies: You scare me sometimes.




 

 

 

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

This is just like "Everybody Loves Raymond".

11:39 AM  
Blogger Wuj said...

I was just thinking I feel like I am watching/listening to a fox sitcom.

That is about to get cancelled...

8:02 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Too soon.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

First off, I don't watch "Everybody Loves Raymond," so I wouldn't know and secondly, Wujick you are READING not watching or listening. Wujick, have you started your beard yet?

7:39 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

First off, I saw you borrow Ray Romano's "Everything and a Kite" once from B&N. So don't give me that shit.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home