Friday, June 29, 2007

here's a new post

I was helping federalcheese hall of famer, and new papa, Adam Wujick move into his new Eastside house the other day and I proposed a top-five category to keep things. . .well moving I guess. Top-five bands in which I never plan on owning an album from, yet when they come on the radio, I consistently like what I hear. Now, I was thinking of more contemporary bands, but federalcheese minor leaguers Chris Fleharty and Dave "I'm drunk" Dernbach were also helping the move and quickly offered up some "older" selections. I heard Don Henley and Boston mentioned. Don Henley I'll give 'em, but Boston was cool for about 3 seconds when I was fourteen years old. Anyway, here is my list:

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Green Day
3. Smashing Pumpkins (they just got back together?)
4. Weezer (I inherited the "blue album" when I got married, as well as a hell of a lot of Fleetwood Mac)
5. Sublime

I am also starting to compile a list of things people do in my neighborhood that seems ironic to me. So far:

Spray painting the anarchy "A" on ABANDONED buildings and the woman who does sixty miles an hour down the street with school children all around because she doesn't want her kid to be late to school. I'll include more as I see them

6 Comments:

Blogger Wuj said...

This was a great top five. I immediately came with Phil Collins/Genesis, but struggled after that. Since the big move, I have added the following:
AC-DC
Billy Squier
Journey
Sly and the Family Stone

Willie, you should move to Kirkland. They haven't heard about anarchy here yet. You too, Cooley.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Housman said...

Wow. Nice list. I hardly noticed that music was still on the radio, other than lead-ins to various NPR shows. But, here's mine:

1. Charlie Parker
2. Charles Mingus
3. Allman Brothers
4. Keane
5. That one band that plays "Cinnamon Girl"

Wuj, is Kirkland the home of Kirkland Signature? Maybe I will move there, I could buy tires and cheese and pants from the same great company, all the time.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own Parker and Mingus as well as Neil Young's "Decade" including Cinnamon Girl. I never got into the Allman Brothers.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

My problem here is that I haven't bought a CD in something like five years.

In other words, if I hear a song that I even sort of like, there is no reason why I wouldn't just download everything that they have ever produced.

I am lightly starting to get my head around the idea of moving to the Northwest. I'll let you know.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Wuj said...

The Allman Bros? "That band that plays Cinnamon Girl?' I am shocked beyond words. This is probably how you felt when I had Hasslebeck on my top ten NFLers. Shocked. And I think downloaded counts as purchased. Willie is the judge though.

I am not sure in Kirkland has anything to do with "Kirkland". We have a Costco though. We can hook you up with cheese, tires, and pants ALL THE TIME.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Okay then. Having said that, I change my answer (Top 1) to:

"Acoustic Springsteen Stuff"

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home