Saturday, December 23, 2006

Yet again, more stuff to read

I know that federalcheese has become more of a bookclub than a . . .well a waste of time I guess, but here is another selection; Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys. Many may have seen the movie and some may include it as one of their favorites, as I do, but the book is better. I try to stay away from reading books after I have seen the movie. I don't know, maybe I think that I already know the story and will be bored. Maybe I think that always imagining the actors from the movie as I read somehow diminishes the experience. But trust me on this one; there is so much more to the story of Grady Tripp, Terry Crabtree and James Leer going on that fans of the movie need to know about. It's just a hell of a great book.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wuj said...

Hello Fellow Blogger.

Why am I not one of your links? People might like to look at a picture of my cat.

Polar bear swim?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Wonder Boys, both the film and the book, are definitely in the CM Canon. Everything I've read by Chabon has been rad. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay was especially good. I recommend it if you are into comic books and/or homos. Wait--maybe that wasn't the most convincing recommendation. But anyway, everyone should check it out.

"Right. That's why you were standing in the Chancellor's back yard twirling that little cap gun of yours tonight. You're fine, all right, you're fit as a fucking fiddle."

Look for the CM Best of 2006 Lists in the next day or two.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

The Wayans Bros.
Say It Ain't So, Marlon
The boys reminisce when All-Star Kenny Lofton visits. CC Stereo

6:27 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

lol Bush just put an admiral in charge of two land wars.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Jesus Christ I wish I could remember the password to that GeneralAbizaid account. There has never been a more apt time.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

I wish I could remember the password to my Leo Mazzone account.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

A just machine to make big decisions--programmed by fellas with compassion and vision.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home