Friday, September 01, 2006

It's been a hard summer for me. Ginger and I moved into our new house in July and just as we were feeling settled, we had a break-in and lost some stuff. Also recently, I've been spending my days off doing repairs around the place. This includes painting, landscaping, refinishing the 106 year floors and a whole lot of other little things that add up to me not taking advantage of the beautiful Seattle summer. I've gotten over the break-in, for the most part, and the repairs were necessary, but I need to rest a bit. For a while, I've been trying to get up to the mountains and go fishing. There are some great spots about 20 minutes from my work. I'll get up there in the afternoon after work one day, I thought, and I'll be back for dinner. This idea has been keeping me going for the past few weeks. And then today, I read this in the local paper:

State's freshwater fish tainted, study says


Oh well.

Disclaimer - Lisa Stiffler is the author of the linked article

11 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

How about one of those video game fishing things, but, and here's the trick, set the TV and video game up on your front lawn.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Actually, the Duwamish River flows a couple blocks from my house. I was down there today watching the salmon jump a few feet from a sign indicating the river is polluted. Sigh. And I don't have a lawn.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Did you know that the house didn't have a lawn when you bought it?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

yes.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Did you hear that Shawn Green is on the Mets now?

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the fish are tainted with "chemical flame retardant" does that mean it takes longer to bbq?

Sound like nothing a little tartar sauce can't fix.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

If your're saying Shawn Green is going to be WS MVP, he needs a few more dates with Mark Grace's wife first. (inside joke, inside joke) And comments like that one by Mr. Wujick are what really keep me going. Keep 'em up buddy.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

tartar martyr

7:59 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Why won’t the telephono stop ringing

Templeton (Reuters) - With wild abandon the wireless telephone never stops with the ringing. Caller ID says “private” and voicemail is only hangups.

Would that this would stop. Someone send help.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is federal cheese dead? I like to have a few drinks on a Friday and respond to NEW posts. Is this too much to ask? Alright, back to fantasy football.


F you Seoul Saber Rattlers, you beat me and it is bullshit. You start Mike Anderson, you should be disqualified.

Good luck this weekend Willie. You're going to need it.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

That's what you get for underestimating...Todd Heap?

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home