Saturday, November 04, 2006

Again, I apologize.

It was brought to my attention recently that my mother-in-law's friends have expressed concern in the lack of updates on federalcheese. Maybe it's because I think I'm boring. Maybe it's because I think no one really cares about the mundane details of my work-a-day world. Hell, maybe I'm just lazy, but I'll give it another go.

Winter weather has arrived in Seattle and my 106 year-old oil furnace has been going full blast. I am reading "Biodiesel America" and inquired into the use of "alternative fuels" in my furnace. The oil company rep said that biodiesel eats away the seals and isn't recommended. I remain suspicious.

My street recently got new sidewalks and a planting strip.

The mid-term elections are next week and the traditionally conservative "eastside" is coming down to the wire between incumbent Bush crony Dave Reichert and Democratic newcomer Darcy Burner. Democrat Maria Cantwell looks to be well on her way to reelection to the Senate. And Democrat Jim McDermott also seems to be a lock for reelection to the House for Washingtons's 7th District.

A guy was arrested in my back alley today. I am about a third of the way towards finishing a fence in the backyard (pictures to come) and today I found myself looking upon Seattle Police officers handcuffing a "suspect" near said fence-under-construction. Regretably, I don't know many details except that the suspect looked to be on drugs. And barefoot.

That's it for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't Alex was it? In your back yard?

Also, I have almost mastered Cortez on the harmonica. No jam last night, TC had plans. Talk to you soon.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Cortez, cortez. . .what a killer. I'm growing the winter beard so as to look like Jeff Bebe when he's walking down the tunnel with "Cortez" playing in the background.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

in after bill uses the phrase "work-a-day" again.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Q:what do you call a fat south african woman?

A: a boer hog.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home