Friday, February 10, 2006

7UP I touched her thumb and she knew it was me

That's a lyric from my favorite band of recent years, Built to Spill. The reason I mention this is because they have a new album coming out April 11th and, being from Idaho, will most likely be playing a few shows in the Northwest. And I will be attending. Built to Spill is the voice of all the under-achieving, depressed, generation x'ers out there striving to find their place in this work-a-day world. And God bless them for it. Lyrics like "we're special in other ways ways our mothers appreciate" really hits home. For a taste of the new album go here. Don't mind the sound quality, I have heard this song live and it's FUCKING AWESOME. Okay, I went a little my space/friendster there and I apologize, but it's just that I'm so damn excited about this. I've seen Built to Spill in Santa Barbara, Hollywood, Seattle, San Francisco, Santa Cruz and I've never been disappointed. I'll keep federalcheese readers informed of upcoming tour dates.

Built-to-Spill
Doug Martsch et al.

9 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

I came here looking for the phrase "work-a-day world". And I found it.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

I pepper my writing with a little somethin' for everybody.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Have you started listening to Dungen yet because I'm pretty sure that they are the Swedish BtS.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure would like to hear Cortez the Killer at that show.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

I fucking hope this is true

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS true. I really want to hear Cortez the Killer at that show. Back me up here, Willie. That is a great tune. Twenty minutes long and it seems like no time passes.

And Willie, shouldn't you post something new soon?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

hey bill I am also reading the book of illusions

8:21 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

I'm on to Auster's new book "Brooklyn Follies" now, which is pretty good. "And I know she living there and she loves me to this day. I can't remember when or how I lost my way"

12:54 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

well i guess it's back to murakami for me then

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home