Saturday, December 24, 2005

Federalcheese takes issue

I know that "federalcheese takes issue" is already a "regular" feature of this website, but I believe this particular issue deserves special attention; the backlash I suffer as a result of being a native Californian. Now, I don't know how many Californians out there have had to deal with this, but it's getting old. I'm sorry that I am from a place that is at the forefront of creating a better society, but that doesn't mean you don't have to let me merge in traffic. Years ago, I worked for a stone supply company in Seattle that catered to both professional and retail clientele. I routinely served customers that had come down from Alaska to do business in the civilized world. One such couple from Alaska, who happened to be ugly, extremly overweight, and smelled of stale cigarettes, once asked me where a particular stone they were interested in came from. I answered that it was mined in Colorado. They replied that Colorado was okay, as long as it wasn't California. Now, had I not needed the employment, my answer would have been something akin to telling said couple that California was a wondeful place and would stay wonderful if you two fat-ass hillbillies never graced it with your presence. I know, I know, I'm trying to assimilate to Washington state and, by in large, Washingtonians are a welcoming and free-thinking people. But there are some Washingtonians who believe that I am the anti-christ. And maybe I am. But trust me, we'll all be bettter off in the long run for my being here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Not all Alaskan's are ignorant cigarette smoking, alcoholic, fat asses...A lot are but not all of us!!!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes well, you can tell the people of washington that i bet the friendly totem pole carvers would love to off a couple flannel-clad java slingers and render their fat into candle wax and do a mukluk jig on their graves. remind them where they get their goddamn lettuce and broccoli. fuck them. they can walk outside, open their mouths upward and drown for all i care.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get my lettuce and broccoli up the hill, at Safeway. Do you work there?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Zing.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

What's going on here

7:40 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

?

7:41 AM  
Blogger Housman said...

is "walk outside, open their mouths upward, and drown" a common remark in Seattle?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is common, since Willie moved up here.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home