Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Stuff

I have recently returned from a mini-vacation to California. Der Ginge and I made the trip to Humboldt County in about 13 hours. The family in NorCal is doing well and I miss Humboldt County, a place I called home for nine months. If I could effectively make a living while living in the boondocks of extreme Northern California, I'd be there, but. . .Well anyway, we're back in Seattle. I visited my old place of employment and was told once again that, if I returned, I would have a job. If only it paid more than $7.50 an hour, but then again I do have a liberal arts degree from a technical university so beggars can't be choosers right? Anyhoo, Oregon, outside of Portland, is a state of redneck-hillbillies and presently seems to be completely under-water. Southern Washington isn't much better. But listening to David Sedaris on CD made it all bearable. Here are some pictures of Humboldt plus me and my beard (which I recently shaved off).

forest1
Redwoods. . .

forestfloor
The forest just up the road from Ginger's Mom's place.

billsmiley
I grew tired of shaving.

13 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

That picture looks like it would be captioned: "Neighbors say the area man was always on the verge of snapping and it's a miracle the shooting didn't take place sooner."

11:35 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

That's funny, 'cause the picture comes courtesy of the King County Sheriff's Department. Thanks guys, you're the best!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Story, plz.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Well, as it turns out, if your drunk enough, the "authorities" will take you to the hospital before incarcerating you. FYI.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Compagnucci said...

When did you come by Barnes? I miss EVERYthing!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Bill, get on iChat.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Sorry Melissa, I was talking about the natural foods store I worked at in Garberville, not the BN. You didn't miss ANYthing.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Pitchers and catchers report in nine days.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

When do we report to open tryouts in Dodgertown. I just found my glove.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

I need to mix in some sit-ups or something first.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Housman said...

also maybe work on not being terrified of the bsll

11:18 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

"Bsll?" I'm sorry, I am unfamiliar with this acronym. Or did you simply misspell "ball?" And, I don't see YOU signed up to go to Dodgertown with Cooley and I.

9:55 AM  
Blogger *erin* said...

nice picture bill. i think you should make that your profile picture. just so you can make small children scream.


how's life in the northernland?? = )

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home