Monday, July 11, 2005

Rocky Mountain High

The Gingernatti and I are back from our Colorado adventure. The purpose of the trip was to be in attendance for the wedding of Joe Swanson who, having recently coverted to Judiasm, is now also know as Joseph Abraham. If, like me, you always thought Denver was in the mountains, you will be, like I was, surprised to hear that this is not true. Although the Rocky Mountains are clearly visable from the "Mile High City," Denver is most decidedly, in the plains. Denver was also on this particular weekend, HOT. Temperatures reaching the upper 90's.

It is always nice to leave the west coast so as to better appreciate it. The weather is nicer in California, the terrain more interesting, but it's the little things that make all the difference. Lower octane gas (85), advertisements for houses that state the basement is thrown in for free and the seemingly large number of Texans. Joe explained that there has been a recent invasion of Texans to the area, but couldn't explain why.

I am lead to believe that there are nice places in Colorado. Boulder, Durango (which I have actually visited and yes, it is quite nice), Aspen and Mesa Verde National Park is pretty cool. But Denver didn't do it for me. I'm a Pisces, I need the water and only the ocean will do. Maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home