Sunday, July 03, 2005

I have the same jacket as DC Berman

DC Berman

It's true. I saw a picture of DC Berman in this month's The Fader and sure enough, he is wearing the same camel hair sportcoat. The clincher is the buttons. It's a bummer he tried to kill himself, but what are you going to do, right? For those who don't know, DC Berman is one of the best American songwriters working today and his band The Silver Jews have a new album coming down the pike. Lyrics such as "In 1984 I was hospitalized for approaching perfection" and "Why can't monsters get along with other monsters?" have put Berman on the map. The fact that I purchased an article of clothing before my mind was polluted with the image of a personal idol wearing it, means something. Well, maybe not to you, but it means something to me, mainly because I have so little in this world that means anything. Sure, I love my cats. Oh and my wife, but not much else. Maybe the ocean. . .and the color orange, but that's about it. I recommend American Water as a good intro to the intoxicating world of DC Berman.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

Good fucking god do I love that album.

8:12 PM  
Blogger MICHAEL DEGNAN said...

"the alleys are the footnotes of the avenues"
ps I am drunk

12:41 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

"Let's live where the indoors and the outdoors meet / All the kids in the commonwealth are free."

P.S.
It's early.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

"The land of hot middle-aged women, in the land of club soda unbridled."

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home