Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What will I miss about SLO?

Maybe it will be the slipping in vomit on the way to work on Sundays. Maybe it will be next-door neighbors and their parties that don’t move inside until 2am. It might be all the news of North County that I’ll miss without the Tribune. Or, it might just come down to the $560,000 median home price.

Actually, what I will miss is that I can go for weeks without getting in my car. That living on the creek allows me to regularly view Egrets, Blue Herons, Hawks and Drunk Homeless People. My cats love the creek for its mice, birds and SNAKES, which they proudly bring inside for my approval. The snakes make life interesting. I will miss the ocean being so close, but will enjoy the mountains being closer. The fog rolling in and cooling off the afternoon sun was always nice. The sunsets were even nicer.

The Central Coast is a beautiful place. I’ll miss camping in Big Sur and the drive out to Pozo. I’ll miss the quail on Cerro San Luis and the sharks in Cayucos. I’ll miss people falling off Bishops and getting run over on the dunes. I really wish I had taken more advantage of the six-hour drive to Vegas. But what I’ll really miss is my friends. Maybe they’ll come and visit . . .and get a hotel room. Just kidding. Sort of.

DSCN0285

Snowy Egret

BushVaca

This picture has nothing to do with this post

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin Cooley said...

You are dead to me. :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

As much as it pains me to say it, I was talking about Pancho.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture (of the egret, not Bush), did you take that from your house?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Indeed I did.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I would like a copy of the egret picture, and I promise never to sing that lame song to you again, you know the one. Very impressive photo.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home