Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hopefully no one is surprised by the news

Ginger and I are moving to Seattle. That’s right, we’re moving to the “Great Northwest.” The “Evergreen State.” The “Emerald City.” The. . . . well, you get the picture. We’re cashing in our chips and seeking our fortune in the glitz and glamour of the big city. If we can make it there, we can make it anywhere. Enough cliché; I’m gone by October 3rd and Ginger follows a week later.

Ginger and I moved to Seattle following graduation, but were not able to stay. We made some great friends and had some wonderful experiences, but reluctantly moved back to California for a myriad of reasons. We are both thankful for the new friends, as well as renewed friendships we were able to make upon our return to San Luis, but now we’re going north again. Last week we found an apartment in Queen Anne and Ginger endured six job interviews (a seventh cancelled and was subsequently fire-bombed). Is “fire-bombed” hyphenated? I will be working for Barnes and Noble in some capacity in a store to be determined. I can safely say my days of walking to work in less than seven minutes are over and after much time spent on the floor in a fetal position, I’ve come to terms with this.

“Loyal” federalcheese readers are encouraged to visit us in our new locale. “Loyal” federalcheese readers will receive our new address soon. I have included some pictures for your perusal.

apart
The new apartment

billwater
Swimming in Skagit Bay

guy
Man rushing Safeco Field

sarahadam
Adam and Sarah Wujick

5 Comments:

Blogger Bill Eseltine said...

Amie,

Notice how you have yet to receive my new address? Huh. Just kidding.

Bill

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait. If I drink with someone else I am NOT an alcoholic, right? See you soon.

Adam

4:54 PM  
Blogger stacie said...

I'll miss you guys. Keep up with federalcheese, okay!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss you guys, good luck!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley said...

This is the first I've heard of this.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home