Monday, December 20, 2004

apologies

I wish to apologize for the previous post which was simply a picture of me at the '84 Olympics in Los Angeles. Soon after that picture was taken, the French National Soccer team went on to beat their Yugoslav counterparts in a hard-fought, grueling test of wills. At least that is what I am told happened as I was preoccupied with the horrible stench coming from the German couple sitting next to me. The reason I apologize is because I see now that it was a weak attempt to pander to a certain demographic and everyone who "tunes in" to Federalcheese deserves better. I do thank Stacie for her comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan Jones said...

I thought the picture was a really nice touch. That's who you were, and this is who you've become. It all fits together.

My kids are about your age. They each competed in the new Olympic swimming pool just before it was officially completed. Mayor Bradley opened the competition with a rather unusual speech. He remembered attending the 1932 Olympics as a boy about the same age as those swimming that morning. He turned and pointed to the exact place where he climbed the fence. I think we were all touched by his humility.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home